Woodooz Home Decor® has been a pioneer in bringing the Bottle Lamp Kits to its customers and here we are trying to answer some of the frequestly asked questions. Just to recap : The bottle lamp kit is an easy to use unit that allows for conversion of your bottles into beautiful table lamps. Here’s some of the questions that we keep getting from our patrons and hoping this brings in clarity.
Who is the bottle lamp kit useful for ?
There are various folks who would find the bottle lamp kit ideal for their use. While their purpose of using the kit may vary, the kit itself serves the same purpose in all the cases which is to aid in converting bottles to lamps. Here are some target users for the kit :
- Bottle decoupage artistes who want to make a functional lamp product out of their work
- Home decor enthusiasts who look for unique ways to add lighting elements to their home
- Bottle collectors who want to preserve the memory of a bottle by giving it funtionality (We once had a customer who had the champagne bottle that her son brought home when he first came back from the army. She got it preserved as a lamp)
- Folks with bar cabinets. The bottle lamps are a fitting and apt decor items when they sit on top of a bar cabinet.
- And just about anyone else who have access to bottles and love bottle lamps
What all do I need to make a bottle lamp
- A bottle (duh !)
- Bottle Lamp kit and
- A Lampshade
- A bulb
I already have a lampshade. Will your kit work with it ?
Our bottle lamp kit comes with a B22 or an E27 Bulb holder. The diameter of the holder ring in your lampshade should be roughly about 25mm (for B22) or 40mm (For E27) for it to work with the kit.
All lampshades that you buy from us will be supported by the lamp kit.
Will it fit all bottles ?
Yes and no. The bottle lamp kit comes with a standard bottle cork stopper that is plugged into the bottle mouth before a lampshade is mounted on top of it. The bottle stopper has a tapered conical shape with the top diameter being larger than the bottom diameter
Top Diameter : 23mm
Bottom Diameter : 18 mm
So any bottle mouth opening that is anywhere between 18mm and 23mm in diameter works well with our lamp kit. Anything lesser than 18mm, the stopper will not go in, anything wider than 23mm, the stopper will completely go in and so will not stay sturdy.
What are the variants available ?
There are currently two variants available.
- DIY Bottle lamp kit : This kit will come with the holder unit + bottle stopper and a black cable separately. This kit is primarily used when you already have a hole drilled in the bottle or you have the capability to drill the hole. You need to insert the open end of the cable through the hole, route it through the hole in the bottom of the stopper and connect to the bulb holder. Fairly simple and not as complicated as it sounds.
- Ready to use Bottle Lamp Kit : This kit will come with the holder unit + Bottle stopper + the cable – All connected. You just need to insert the stopper into the bottle and plug it in. This is available with both B22 and E27 type bulb holders.
Cork stopper lamp kit – DIY kit for making bottle lampsProduct on sale(inc. GST)
No drill bottle lamp kit (B22 holder) for making bottle lampsProduct on sale(inc. GST)
Bottle Lamp kit – No drill (E27 type holder)Product on sale(inc. GST)
I have a painted / decoupaged bottle. Can I drill hole in it ?
We always suggest that the hole is drilled before any art work is done on the bottle. This is to ensure that the bottle art is not spoilt while in the process of drilling hole. In such cases, the ready to use kit will come in handy.
How are the kits priced ?
The bottle lamps kits are priced at Rs.420 for the ready to use kit and Rs.450 to 480 for the DIY kits. The price includes the shipping cost.
Do you offer discounts for the kits ?
Yes we do. For multiple qualtities of the kits, we offer discounts which is incorporated into the product pricing itself. When you choose your pack (Pack of 3to Pack of 10), these discounts get automatically applied.
These kits are fun to use and they come in handy when you quickly want to make a funtional decor out out of your leftover bottles. It is for this reason that these kits have remained to be very popular with our patrons, so much so, that they come back for more either for their own use or to gift to their loved ones.
If you think we have missed some questions, feel free to let us know through a whatsapp message (98840 70470). We will be happy to answer and add the question to this list.